Today we had our first (and hopefully only!) false alarm visit to the hospital. I started having contractions about five minutes apart shortly before 6am. They weren't very strong or painful, but their frequency was enough to have us concerned. When they hadn't subsided by noon, we dropped Tommy off at Aunt Lisa and Uncle Brian's house then went to Summerlin Hospital to see if today would be the day.
Alas, 90 minutes of monitoring recorded only three contractions, none of which were the earth-shattering variety (I guess the natural contractions, as they kick off, are really nothing compared to the Pitocin-induced contractions I had with Tommy). The good news is my body has begun the effacement process...an essential prerequisite for this week's induction, if needed...the nurse estimated I'm 70-80% effaced and still dilated approximately 2cm.
Tuesday we are scheduled to see Dr. Joe for my weekly check-up. Stay tuned!
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW, we thought for sure that you were going to have the baby sometime this weekend! :) Good luck at your doctor appointment.
Post a Comment